BANK OF AFRICA - TANZANIA is in partnership with Money gram, offering money transfer services that are safe, fast and convenient. Through our branches customers can easily send and receive their money as long as they meet the requirements.
When sending money, the customer needs to have:
Any ID issued by Government i.e. Voter ID, passport, driving licence. (For foreigners we accept only a valid passport with the valid visa)
Supporting document & copy of receiver’s ID in case the principal amount is more than TZS 2 million.
When receiving money, the customer needs to have:
- The correct Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- The full name and current/permanent address in Tanzania
- The full name of the sender
- The originating country of the transaction
- The expected amount (+/- 10%)
- Any ID issued by Government i.e. Voter ID, passport, driving licence. (For foreigners we accept only a valid passport with the valid visa) Test question & answer
There is no charge for receiving money but when a customer wants to send money, the charge/fee will be calculated automatically by the Western Union system.